Jan 22, 2008

Faster Than A Speeding Garbage Can

Scra-a-a-a-a-ppe! What was that! Looking out the window, there's the source of that fingernails-on-chalkboard scraping sound! An eastbound garbage rollcart being pushed along by the east wind. There it goes, into the Fujii berry field. Someone didn't secure their garbage can!

Missing your rollcart? Just go out into the berry field and take your pick. Along with assorted recycling curbies, Olde English bottles, you name it. I'm sure Dorothy and Toto stopped by there on the way to Oz.

Man, it's cold out there! I'm going to chicken out tonight and put out our garbage tomorrow morning. For some reason, however, our dog loves the cold wind. He doesn't want to come inside! But he ain't going out there again tonight. No way, dog.

Speaking of "faster than a speeding garbage can", tonight's city council meeting lasted only 20 minutes! Must be a new record. When I came back from the meeting, the Mrs. asked, "What are you doing here?" I said the meeting was short. The Mrs. then said, "No, I'm serious. What are you doing here?" *sigh* you can't please everyone.

Did I make good use of that new-found spare time on my hands? Heck, no. I watched American Idol .

No comments: