Jul 28, 2007

NASA Employees Take Whatever They Want

NASA employees apparently think they can take whatever they want from their employer. For instance, here's an explanation of why a NASA employee took a NASA PC home:

""My wife needed a computer at home to perform her work as a real estate broker so I checked one out from the surplus stock available. I turned the computer back in when she was done using it but never received a receipt."

This quote was from a GAO report that explained, "NASA management was unresponsive to prior equipment management recommendations, frequently did not investigate equipment losses, and was reluctant to hold employees accountable for loss” .

To me, this is incredible. I might be wrong here, but if you take something that doesn't belong to you, it's called STEALING. You can read more about NASA's non-existent oversight of government property by reading the the GAO report summary here, or get the full GAO report here.

No comments: