Mar 12, 2008

Global Warming Debate Over? That's Debatable

The global warming debate is over! Al Gore says so! His allies in the environmental movement are constantly telling us the debate on global warming is over. Global warming could get so bad, they tell us, that by 2015 Hillary Clinton could thaw out!

Hold on there! The debate is NOT over.

Environmentalists have attempted to shut down the global warming debate by intimidation and threats. They claim the debate is over in order to shut down discussion. Media bias has intentionally skewed public opinion on global warming. The claim of consensus regarding global warming is a lie.

Science is all about experiment, knowledge, reason, and the scientific method in the marketplace of ideas, right? If that’s true, should it include intimidation and threats? For example, Robert F. Kennedy jr., during the first “Live Earth” concert, denounce global warming skeptics by calling them’ Corporate toadies” for “villainous enemies”. He declared that holding a scientific view counter to his own was “treason”, and said, “we need to start treating them like traitors”.

The Weather Channel's Dr. Heidi Cullen called for the decertification of weathermen who were skeptical of man made global warming. Grist Magazine's staff writer David Roberts said that his solution for the "bastards" who were members of what he termed the global warming "denial industry" is, "When we've finally gotten serious about global warming, when the impacts are really hitting us and we're in a full worldwide scramble to minimize the damage, we should have war crimes trials for these bastards -- some sort of climate Nuremberg."

A climate Nuremberg. That's frightening.

In the media, the TV networks stifle debate. The Business and Media Institute analyzed 205 network news stories about “global warming” or “climate change” between July 1, 2007 and December 31, 2007. Only 20% of stories even mentioned any alternate opinions to the so-called “consensus on the issue of global warming.

Global warming proponents overwhelmingly outnumbered those with dissenting opinions. CBS was the worst. For every skeptic, there were nearly 38 proponents featured. That’s a ratio of 38-1! Scientists made up only 15% of global warming proponents shown. The remaining 85% included celebrities, politicians, and other journalists.

The Society of Professional Journalist Code of Ethics stats journalists should “support an open exchange of ideas, even views they find repugnant.” Instead, today’s TV networks dish out global warming ideology!

Finally, consensus on global warming. Is it real? A 2007 survey of 503 climate scientists in 27 countries conducted by the GTSS Institute of Coastal research in Germany found 82% said global warming is happening, but only 56% said it’s mostly the result of human causes, and only 35% said models can accurately predict future climate conditions. Only 27% believed the current state of scientific knowledge is able to produce reasonable predictions of climate variability in time scales of 100 years. That’s no consensus!

The global warming debate is not over. Lying about consensus on global warming. Intimidation and threats. Media bias. That’s not science. That’s ideology. Al Gore’s movie “An Inconvenient Truth”, otherwise known as the highest grossing PowerPoint presentation history, is merely bad ideology. And I have an inconvenient truth for Al Gore: Al- you’re still not the President.

1 comment:

POONAM SETHI said...

Smart work about global warming. I have also a blog which give information about cause of global warming.