Dec 30, 2007

I Locked My Wife In The Garage!

. . .and lived to see another day!

The Mrs. had been working all afternoon out in our garage. I went out to talk with her about her project for a while. It was pretty cold out there! After a few minutes, I went back inside the house and headed upstairs. I turned on the radio upstairs while I checked e-mail.

Our dog began barking. Usually, he only barks when someone is at the front door or there's another dog in the front yard. I looked out the upstairs office window. Our neighbor, Chris, was skateboarding on the sidewalk! I chuckled and watched him for a few minutes, then went back to checking e-mail.

Our dog kept barking. That's when I heard what sounded like pounding. Hmm, I thought. The Mrs. must be nailing something together in the garage. But the pounding continued, constantly. So I went downstairs.

The dog, still barking, stood by the door to the garage, which was...(insert expletive here)...LOCKED!!

Mr. Absent-minded locked the door when I left the garage! Uh oh. That was a while ago! At least five or six songs on the radio ago!!

I opened the door to the garage. The Mrs., her arm cocked back in mid-door-pound-mode, stared at me. I apologized profusely. Many, many times. The only response from the Mrs? "It's cold out here".

Note to self:
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.
Don't lock the Mrs. in the Garage.

No comments: