Dec 29, 2007

"Ove Glove" Xmas Gift Is A Home Run

I've been Mr. Accidental Burn for years. Even with pot holders and extra care, I always seem to find a way to ever-so-slightly touch the side of an oven, or the oven door, or the oven rack, or the cookie sheet... you get the picture. Small blisters are nothing new here.

Lo and behold, Santa must have watched me over the years, because this year he brought me the "Ove Glove". As everyone knows from seeing this product on TV, it's made of Kevlar and Nomex, is supposed to withstand heat up to 540 degrees, and has handy non-slip silicone grip.

I used it for the first time yesterday when we had a take-and-bake pizza for dinner. Wow! No burn! No fear of burn (did I mention I fear oven burns?)! I just grabbed that sucker of a pizza and pulled it out of the evil oven! I then showed off to the Mrs. and held onto the oven rack! I also used it to take glass bakeware out of the oven. What a great grip! No more slippage I used to get when using simple pot holders or an old fashioned oven mitt.

If only they'd invent an Ove-Glove to safely protect politicians from getting burned when they touch red-hot issues.

No comments: